Better World Makers Network
It's a Singapore based global network of social innovators and entrepreneurs. We build communities, solutions and enterprise ecosystems. We are what our vision, mission, values and habits are and recognized by our members who strongly believe in those ideas. Our members have diverse capabilities and backgrounds but what holds them together is our shared vision, mission and common set of values that they believe in and follow in whatever they do.
Better World is a place where people identify opportunities to create social impact:
- They have a shared vision to create social impacts.
- They think big and believe in it with an optimistic mind.
- They use their shared vision as a common ground to expand their network.
- They have developed enabler habits to pursue and deliver their dreams.
Better World is a place where people build a culture of social contribution and sharing:
- They optimize use of available resources such as time, knowledge, skills, relations, money etc by identifying and eliminating needs leading to wasteful, demeaning and destructive spending.
- They share, contribute & invest the surplus to help others.
Better World is a place where people build social skills, learning abilities and quest for the truth:
- They use freedom of speech for social learning.
- They have the ability to discover the truth and distinguish it from assumptions, views and beliefs.
- They have a high level of curiosity and motivation to seek the truth.
- They have the ability to discover and create options and possibilities.
- They have the ability to connect the dots, draw a true and fair picture and infer rational conclusions.
- They have the ability to rank and evaluate available options to make free, fair and the fittest choices.
- They have a conscious control over the personal biases influencing their choices
Better World is a place where people promote social norms and common values:
- They have what it takes to make great teams.
- They honor the trust others have in them.
- They understand their fiduciary role in the society where community benefits prevail over individual gains.
- They honor rights and obligations to each other.
- They understand that participation and inclusiveness of people with diverse backgrounds, age, race, gender, religion, color, or national origin for a common objective, vision and mission is a strength and not a weakness
- They use merit based measures of individual fitness and effectiveness to make teams for a particular goal.
- They base their negotiations and handshakes on social norms and common values.
Better World is a place where people develop and use social systems:
- They build communities and ecosystems to achieve greater good.
- They develop social systems based on meritocracy and democracy to organize themselves in communities and ecosystems with embedded good governance & controls.
- They strive for reforms in social systems such as capitalism, democracy etc to make them freer and fairer to create a productive and inclusive work environment.
Better World is a place where people build and grow social enterprises and trade:
- They are capable and determined to deliver their promises.
- They believe in value for value exchange in a free and fair way.
- They are on a mission to maximize consumer value.
Better World is a place where people have a passion for social innovations:
- They have empathy to experience the pain of others and have the ability to move in others shoes to see things from different perspectives.
- They have an insanely optimistic mind.
- They have a mind full of ideas with the ability to choose the better ones.
- They have unbeatable resilience and perseverance - they never quit.
- They have R&D in their DNA - they design, make and innovate products and services to solve communal problems.
- They develop and use modern tools and a high level of skills to achieve their goals.
- They have access to a free and fair market that promotes open competition in innovating and improving ways to maximize consumer value.
- Our long term goal is to push homo sapiens evolve into social innovators and entrepreneurs that can take the evolution of mankind to a level where all have access to the basics of life, dignity and a role in value creating process to achieve the better-world vision by enriching health, dignity, relations, personality, effectiveness, productivity, lifestyle, travel and play in our lives.
- Our short term mission is to deliver United Nations Sustainable Development Goals [SDGs or Global Goals] by 2030 through co-creation, social innovation and entrepreneurship.
Values & Habits
Our values and habits are always at the heart of whatever we do. The members are encouraged to ask questions, report any actual or potential violations of the values for corrective actions, share stories about how you are coping with challenges in living by those values in life.
1. Freedom and fairness
- Free and fair trade
- Optimize Value
Create an image first! - an image of success that:
- is made with a God conscious mind - i.e., aims to create solutions - and aligned with the laws of nature, cause and effect, and science. In other words, it is ethical and logical.
- contributes to the innovation process and makes the world a better place to live, i.e., raises the bar and exceeds what already exists.
- is feasible commercially, technically, operationally and legally.
- is socially focused and aligned with the principle of sustainable development, where prevails the benefit of the many over the few and long term happiness over short term pleasures, where needs of one group of people are not provided at the cost of needs of others or future generations, where people and planet come before profit.
- Champion personal mastery.
- Deliver your promises, commitments and accountabilities by proactively handling risks and opportunities.
- Be optimistic and confident about your success.
- Be agile by optimizing and prioritizing your time.
- Excel in everything you do - get it right the first time, every time.
- Learn from knock-backs and do not accept failures.
Learn the game!
- Learn the right know-how, best processes and practices to be on top of what’s new.
- Continue research and development to keep ahead of the game all the time.
- Honesty and integrity - is one of the most essential elements to interact with others. Integrity also requires you to walk the talk.
- Transparency - Disclose and manage conflicts of interest, ensure true and fair presentation.
- Respect for others - deliver rights and obligations fairly and expect the same from others.
- Teamwork - play your role with excellence and help others to achieve their potential.
- Compete fairly and support free enterprise - level playing field and open market competition.
- Synergize - join hands on a win-win basis to create new opportunities and eliminate duplicate/sub-optimal activities and to share and learn best practices with others.
- Value sharing - create and share value rather than unfairly benefiting out of what already exists and belongs to others.
- Diversity and inclusiveness - include more and more diverse people and value the difference they bring with them - the more diverse we are in terms of race, skin, language, gender, region, culture, abilities, status, networks, etc., the stronger we will be as a team.
- Open and direct communication with all those who are relevant and need to know.
- Respect privacy where expected, needed, promised or required by law.
- Perceive good about others when they fall short of your expectations by generously giving them all benefits of doubts. If circumstances suggest otherwise, challenge and validate any assumptions before making your views.
- Maximize use of modern technology, tools, systems and skills.
Lose today to win tomorrow!
- Optimize use of resources i.e. your time and money - keep your needs free from waste and any unnecessary spending leading to a swaggering behavior.
- Instead, invest the resources saved, being surplus to your needs, in value creating activities for a possibly bigger and longer term return in the future.
Follow the rules of the game!
- Proactively manage the risks and threats affecting our ability to comply with laws of land, obligations e.g. contracts, commitments, policies, principles, cultural values and expectations incl. health safety security and environment on a sustainable basis.